Daily Archives: November 6, 2009

Sudden Jihad Syndrome? Muslim terrorist yelled “Allahu Akbar!” during mass murder at Fort Hood.

Muslim Terror Suspect

US Army Major was on Homeland Security Panel advising President Obama

Nidal Hasan, the US Army major who went on a shooting rampage at Fort Hood, yelled “Allahu Akbar!” (God is great!) as he opened fire on his army colleagues. Earlier that day he handed out new Korans to neighbours. (Associated Press: Neighbor: Fort Hood suspect emptied his apartment.)

Oh yes, it might be of interest that Hasan was also on the Homeland Security Policy Institute’s presidential transition task force in 2008.

Our thoughts and prayers go out to the victims and their families and friends. Our thoughts and prayers also go out to those good people around the world who happen to be Muslims. I read one estimate that only three percent of Muslims can be considered “Jihadists” in the terrorist sense of the word. Another estimate I read by a member of the Royal Family in Saudi Arabia said (I think) seven percent.

So let’s use the three percent of a billion Muslims… that makes about 30 million or so of the world’s Muslims as potential hosts for the deadly virus called Sudden Jihad Syndrome.

At the low end of the scale.

 

Advertisements

8 Comments

Filed under Military, Religion

Night of the Living Dead in Barbados?

Dawn-of-the-DeadReynzill Scantlebury claims he woke up in the morgue of the Queen Elizabeth Hospital after being declared dead. Not a common experience, fur sure – but not entirely unknown in any country even in recent times.

The QEH originally said “we had no such patient” but later said, “oops, yeah, Scantlebury was admitted.” or some such words.

Then they said that some person with a name “almost” like Scantlebury did die! The Nation newspaper said…

“In that article, Best said the hospital did not have a Reynzill Scantlebury on record, but did have a record of another man who had died, also a Scantlebury, whose first name was close to his and who had Lorenzo as a middle name.” (QEH: Escape from morgue ‘unlikely’)

Yesterday the Queen Elizabeth Hospital took the press on a tour to say could not have happened.

The QEH staff talked about video surveillance of the morgue, but not one of the press asked to see the video tape or for a copy. The press were told that no persons “dressed in white” work in the morgue as Mr. Scantlebury claims.

But the press missed one point – the Barbados Advocate article claims that “Only authorised persons with electronic keys can enter or exit the morgue.”

Hmmmmmm… Are they saying that there is no fire exit from the morgue? That if the power goes off the people are trapped inside without recourse?

Whether Mr. Scantlebury was declared dead or whether he was smoking something he shouldn’t have – it would be nice if Barbados reporters started asking some questions instead of ingesting and regurgitating whatever garbage is tossed their way.

For the full story see Keltruth Blog’s story “Dead” Man Escapes from Morgue?

11 Comments

Filed under Barbados