Worldwide Online Petition Calls Upon Barbados Government To Hold An Inquest
The February, 2009 issue of the U.K. basted (or based?) Bajan newsletter Ping Yark is out and can be downloaded in PDF format here. (3.9mb)
Although still full of the naughty humour and cartoons you’ve come to expect from this irreverent offering, the latest comes down hard on a number of issues…
– Ping Yark says that the planning and building documents for the construction site at Arch Cot have disappeared from government files.
– An online petition has been established HERE to demand a full and public inquest into the deaths of the Codrington family who were buried alive when their apartment collapsed into a huge and well-known cave at a construction site.
– Currency transfers and restrictions to and from Barbados.
– Barbados Government’s restriction of free speech and Ian Bourne’s (Bajan Reporter) response to the Freelance Journalist fee.
– The troubles of Deputy High Commissioner Donville Johnson
– Updates on many community organisations abroad including the Barbados Cultural Organisation, Facebook groups and London’s Dutchpot Lunch and Social Club (London’s longest running black elderly project.)
Leigh Bourne and the team have done a magnificent job in putting together the February 2009 issue. Like many other readers we hope that Ping Yark becomes a blog so all its issues can be made permanently available online and discoverable though search engines like Google. How about it Leigh? (HINT HINT… Blog hosting service WordPress.com has the best interaction with other blogs)
Email received Monday evening…
Thanks for the right up. Much appreciated. Its only a matter of time before PY becomes a blogg. It will happen sooner rather than later.
Leigh and crew”
Ping Yark February 2009 Issue: Download 3.9 mb PDF Here>>> ping-yark-feb09
Online Petition Demanding an Inquest Into The Codrington Family Cave-in Deaths
BFP February 8, 2009 article: Readers Say Barbados Arch Cot Cave-In Construction Was A C.O. Williams – Gregory Hazzard Project For Liz Thompson
BFP February 1, 2009 article: Barbados Newspapers Refuse To Print Letter Revealing Secret Government Report Into Cave-In Deaths. Professor Machel Will Name Names