Editor’s Note: We received this post anonymously, and like anything you read here at BFP or in the mainstream press you should keep your mind open and at the same time remember that BFP is an anonymous website. The blogs are still the wild west when it comes to accuracy… it might be true, it might not be.
Bushy Park Truth and Concerns
After reading two articles in the press late last year regarding the new Bushy Park facility I think it is time that Barbadians hear the full truth about this development, my understanding is…
- The Government of Barbados and by extension the PEOPLE of Barbados own the land.
- Investors (SOME STILL TO BE IDENTIFIED) have erected buildings on said land presumably with a contract. Surely the details of said contract should be available to the public seeing that the land is owned by the TAXPAYERS of Barbados.
- Mr Stephen Lashley, Minister of Sport has confirmed that part of this contract stipulates that the facility shall be leased to other SPORTING organisations at a reasonable rate after discussion with the primary shareholder, that being Government.
- Who are the real investors in the new facility at Bushy Park?
- Why has PERMANENT branding been allowed, which prohibits competing entities from branding their products even if they sponsor an event there? Case in point – LIME is not allowed to advertise because DIGICEL is already there .
- Is Bushy Park Motor Sport Inc (BPMSI) a shareholder in the new development and if not what gives them the right to charge fees for the useage of the track?
- Is it true that the revenue from the Top Gear festival went directly to BPMSI?
- Is it true that there is a law suit pending with regard to the use of the RALLY CROSS name being used without permission at the said Top Gear event?
- Is it also true that a certain individual has threatened to dig up the track if his demands are not met?
- As majority owners at Bushy Park should Government not have a representative on the Board which administers the facility?
How is it possible for BPCI to employ and I assume PAY:
CEO which position was not advertised locally
… when they only had two events last year and only have one event planned for this year?
Barbadians need answers to these questions and more as it seems in today’s world MONEY does all the talking.