Barbados Free Press issues Invitation to Harlequin Resorts
The investors’ insider website Harlecon.net published a Valentines edition that is a stunner. Surely somebody from Harlequin Resorts or the Government of Barbados can and will refute what is being said?
Barbados Free Press makes this offer to Harlequin Resorts and the Caribbean governments that have partnered with Harlequin:
The website Harlecon.net published extremely serious allegations against Harlequin Resort companies and the management. Should Harlequin Resorts or the partnering governments wish to reply to the allegations or make any other statements to our 2 million visitors a year, Barbados Free Press will publish the responses – unedited, exactly as submitted and feature them prominently without editorial comment.
Harlecon’s Valentine allegations against Harlequin Resorts
- Harlequin Resorts failed to file audited statements in UK and the Caribbean.
- Harlequin’s auditors are refusing to sign off on previous years accounts for Ames’s Caribbean companies.
- Banks and main stream financial institutions have walked away from the Harlequin Investment Fund.
- Ames Lied on oath with regards to having the funds to cover the completion mortgages.
- The Caldora “Harlequin Investment Fund” launched on Feb 10th 2012 “hope to make substantial loans available to Harlequin through the fund, subject to the fund being subscribed, in return the fund will take a legal charge over the different Resorts… So whether you can afford to pay for your own property outright or you are in a position to arrange your own mortgage Caldora will be given a first charge over the Resorts including your property.”
- Harlequin is using investors’ funds to outfit the Buccament Bay restaurant facilities, yet the investors have no stake.
- Barbados Government is not allowing Merricks Resort to build as close to the cliff as previously stated by Harlequin. As a result a great number of villas – sold and unsold – no longer exist. Many buyers are still unaware that what they purchased will never exist.
- Barbados Government still withholding full permissions for Merricks Resort.
- Merricks Resort has been sold below construction cost.
- H Hotel – Barbados project is running into many problems. Advertised April 2012 opening date has no relation to reality. Money raised through the sales of rooms in this hotel will now not cover the escalating construction costs.
- At Buccament Bay Harlequin is using investors’ funds to outfit the restaurant facilities, yet the investors have no stake.
- Occupancy Levels at the Buccament Bay Resort are some 25-30% BELOW average and this is including all the Harlequin construction staff staying at the Resort.
- Harlequin agents are informing prospective buyers and investors that the Buccament Bay Conference Facilities will open in July 2012, but construction hasn’t yet started.
Remember Folks… These are only allegations made by the anonymous blog Harlecon.net, so take them with a grain of salt. Do your research and make up your own minds about Harlequin and everything else.
We’ll be watching to see if Harlequin Resorts launches any lawsuit against Harlecon, and if the Harlequin companies or involved governments make any statements on the matter.
Full story and many more allegations at Harlecon.net