President of Barbados Bar Association reveals changes
Finally, we have confirmation of the rumours from none other than BBA President Andrew Pilgrim. A new simplified complaint procedure is to be introduced soon in an effort to deal with the current backlog where the average complaint takes over four years to process.
This “simplified and enhanced” procedure is far more efficient and less trouble for users. It does not require the filling out of so many forms as the initial record of complaint is made verbally.
This will be the new procedure…
- Write the lawyer’s name, law firm name, address and phone number on a piece of paper with the word “COMPLAINT” in large letters at the very top.
- Below the lawyer’s information, write your name, address and contact information.
- Place the paper into a suitable bottle.
- Shout the details of your complaint into the bottle.
- Seal the bottle securely and toss it into the sea off the South Coast.
- Await a response from the Barbados Bar Association.
Mr. Pilgrim states that the new procedure will be far less frustrating to Barbadians and others making complaints against lawyers because it will not take so much time to complain and the results will be exactly the same.
Initially the Barbados Bar Association yacht will be fishing the bottles from the sea on the South Coast only, but this will be expanded to the West Coast next year with the arrival of a second BBA yacht.
You can read all about Mr. Pilgrims promises in the Barbados Today article: Changes for Lawyers
Story submitted by BFP reader “G”
Message in a bottle image courtesy of Robin Wood. Thanks Robin!