“Dear Barbados Free Press,
A month ago you publish an article about Bajan farm workers in Canada not receiving their holdback money after returning home. I’m still waiting can you please mention this?”
Editor’s Note: Done!
UPDATE: February 23, 2011 Meeting about Canadian Farm labour Programme
We see that the Minister of Labour, Dr. Esther Byer Suckoo, will deliver an address at a February 23, 2011 review meeting of the Canadian Farm labour Programme at the Lloyd Erskine Sandiford Centre.
Tongue firmly in cheek, we think that anyone who hasn’t received their “home savings” should be at the meeting and ask the Minister to write a personal cheque to cover it.
Barbados Government Information Service: This press release EMBARGOED UNTIL 7:00 P.M Sunday February 20
LPG PRICES UP AGAIN
There has been a slight increase in the price of Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG).
Effective midnight, Sunday, February 20, the retail cost of LPG will be increased in keeping with the imported price of petroleum products. As a consequence, the 100-pound cylinder will now be retailed at $155.02 – an increase of 42 cents. The 25-pound cylinder will now cost $41.40, up by 11 cents; while the 20-pound cylinder will now be retailed at $33.12 – an increase of 9 cents. (AR/BGIS)
Monnow Man is half Bajan, so he can’t be all bad.
We stumbled onto Monnow Man when he linked to one of our stories and we liked what we read over at his blog. It looks like a place where a person could get a little “I didn’t know that” or “Isn’t that interesting?” hit in the morning.
Like learning about the “Interdimensional Hypothesis”. I had to look that one up.
Here’s a bit of what Monnow Man says about himself…
Who is this man?
People like boxes to put you in, so, choose from the following:
- half English, half Barbadian chap now living just over the border in Wales and loving it so much he went to Welsh evening classes. No, Wales isn’t part of England. It’s part of the UK.
- father of two beautiful girls and husband to a lovely Swabian.
- a Freemason. None of the myths about us are true 🙂
- a fan of the Interdimensional Hypothesis.
- an unashamedly middle-class, sometime urban, BBC Radio 4 -listening liberal intellectual.
- a former public (that’s “private” to those of you outside the UK – don’t ask) schoolboy. All of the myths about us are true 😉
You can see what Monnow Man has to say about life at MonnowMan.com