Pray for missionaries Licia & Enoch Betor at Ground Zero in Haiti
If you can take reading her words, seeing her photos: Real Hope for Haiti Rescue Centre blog
“We are asking you to pray about..
- The Rescue Center location. The damage is getting worse with each tremor that we have. We need to make some decisions soon. The kids have been living and sleeping outside since Tuesday night. We are thinking a new location that is not far away.
- Infant formula and food for the kids
- fuel for generator and vehicles
- the kids in the RC and my kids peace in their hearts
- some way to be able to get some Haitian cash. All banks and places we usually exchange money are closed.
I am a wife and mother to three wonderful and wild boys. I have lived in Haiti since 1995 and run a Rescue Center that houses around 60 children that are sick and suffering from severe forms of malnutrition.”
“I do not pretend to understand the suffering that is happening right now in this country. I know we all feel like we had had enough over the years. The staff has come in to work. They are praying for their loves ones in town. They are hoping for news and believing that they will soon here from them. Mothers and father are weeping for their lost children. Children are crying for their lost parents.
One of Enoch’s friends was trapped inside his house with his (the friends) two brothers and his mother. They all died and people were trying to rescue him. He kept yelling at them to stop and leave him alone. He wanted to die with his family.
“They asked what they could drop down to him and he asked for a gun to kill himself.”
The reality is even when the outside world begins arrives what can be done. Most of the city is damaged and needs to be torn down. Thousands upon thousands of dead bodies are laying all over the place. We have heard they are digging huge mass graves in the dump area.”