Adrian Loveridge tells us that David Thompson, MP, Richard Sealy MP, Denis Kellman MP, Austin Husbands, and journalist David Ellis are co-recipients of an anonymous letter that recently arrived at Adrian’s office.
Here is Adrian’s story…
I today, received via mail an unsigned letter raising a number of concerns regarding primarily, the Barbados Tourism Authority and their spending in relation to the recent hosting of the CWC.
Among the questions were:
1) What was the expense to the taxpayers of Barbados for this charter out of India?
2) What was the role of the Director of Cruise Tourism that requested her to travel to India three times?
3) How many passengers eventually travelled to Barbados, and took cabins on the (Carnival) Destiny?
4) How many ICC tickets were purchased by the BTA to give away and at what cost?
5) How many certified travel agents and certified journalists from India did the BTA pay to travel to Barbados?
6) To sum it up, how many people in all did the BTA pay for?
The three page letter goes on to make a number of serious allegations and I sincerely hope the writer will send the full text to Barbados Free Press, even if it is sent anonymously to allow the Chairman of the Barbados Tourism Authority to respond.
According to the letter a copy was also sent to the following people: David Thompson, MP, Richard Sealy MP, Denis Kellman MP, Austin Husbands, David Ellis and myself.